Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

NRES & My Purdue Experience

Hello Boilermakers!

My name is Stephanie and this is my 5th and final year at Purdue University.  I joined the NRES program a little more than 2 years ago, and I have been satisfied with my change of major ever since; everything about NRES and agronomy just seem to fit right into place with what I enjoy studying, what I enjoy doing, and the kind of hands-on experiences that I've been looking for. 

My second year at Purdue, I became a Resident Assistant (RA) in the residence halls, contributing countless more memories to my experience here.  I've lived in 4 different halls (Shreve, Hillenbrand, Harrison, and Earhart) and have found another way to fulfill my passion of helping others and making the world a better place.  During my time in the residence halls, I've become involved in a number of organizations, including Shreve Hall Club, Purdue University Dance Marathon, Boiler Green Initiative, Women's Leadership Series, and little event-type projects hosted for the betterment of the surrounding community. 

I had an incredible experience last semester being a Teaching Assistant (TA) for one of the classes in the Forestry & Natural Resources department focused around GIS work.  Not only was I able to help students in teaching them important skills that are so useful in future work experiences, but I am so grateful for the opportunity given to have a more hands-on approach to field work and real-life examples of what a career in GIS may look like. 

This past summer I spent on campus as an RA for summer school students.  It proved an awesome experience as there were so many different people to meet that all had different reasons of being where they were and doing what they were doing.  I also served as a STAR Ambassador, guiding incoming students within the College of Agriculture.  This past summer, like everything else I've experienced here at Purdue, was an incredible time filled with fun, learning, and a great community.  Please feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions about anything - I'm more than willing to help you make any decisions coming your way!

See you soon,

Stephanie Leeth



No comments:

Post a Comment