Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2015


Hello readers!  My name is Hallie Wright, and I am from Greenfield, IN.  This year, I a sophomore here at Purdue where I am a member of the Purdue Honors College.  My major is Agricultural Biotechnology and Plant Genetics with a minor in Communication.  After I finish my undergraduate degree, I hope to attend graduate school to obtain a doctorate in a plant genetics/plant breeding field so that I can work as a plant geneticist, focusing on genetically modified organism research and development.  This summer, I took classes so that I could have more time to focus on research this fall.  I am very excited to be working for Dr. Cliff Weil, looking at 900 varieties of sorghum samples.  Something interesting about me is that I am extremely passionate about music, and there’s nothing more I love to do in my free time than attend concerts. I am also heavily involved in the Alpha Eta Chapter of Alpha Xi Delta Fraternity.  Agriculture has always been a huge aspect of my life.  I was a 10-year 4-H member, IN FFA Section III Director, and I showed boer goats, dairy goats, and market swine.  I was a junior in high school when I first started to become curious about genetics, and since then, I have grown a huge passion for plant genetics and how we can create new technologies to feed the world's ever-growing population.  I'm very excited to be involved in the Purdue Agronomy Ambassador program, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment