Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Greetings!

My name is Hailey Edmondson, beginning my junior year in Plant Genetics, Breeding, & Biotechnology here at Purdue University. I'm originally from San Diego, California, but West Lafayette, IN is my home away from home! When I decided to come to Purdue, I was looking for a purposeful career path that combined by interest in science and emerging biotechnological advances with a meaningful cause--feeding the growing world. I'm also inspired by entrepreneurship, and am pursuing my Certificate in Entrepreneurship. Eventually, I'd like to work in the business side of agricultural biotechnology and explore the applications of ag-biotech in emerging economies around the world.

Me at the peak of Mt. Woodson (aka "Potato Chip Rock") in my hometown--Poway, CA



This past summer, I worked as a production research intern with Dow AgroSciences at their location in Pontiac, IL. As I mentioned, I grew up in San Diego, and this was my first summer spent entirely in a corn field. I had a very important realization during those 14 weeks-- Hailey is not a country girl! However, I learned a lot about the seed industry, field research, and what it's like working in industry. Internships are awesome learning opportunities!

Production Research Internship at Dow AgroSciences


Here at Purdue, I served as the Vice President of Purdue's iGEM Team (genetic engineering team), am currently an active member and leader in the Honors College Mentor program, and am a founding member of the newest national chapter of Kappa Delta. 


Purdue iGEM Team at the 2015 Jamboree in Boston, MA


Purdue Kappa Delta Founding Members (2015)


Thanks for reading-- more fun posts to come! Boiler Up!


Hailey Edmondson

No comments:

Post a Comment